Probiotic live yeast for monogastrics: LEVUCELL SB
LEVUCELL SB (Saccharomyces cerevisiae boulardii CNCM I-1079) is authorized in the European Union for use in all pigs (sows, suckling piglets, post-weaning piglets, growing and fattening pigs) as well as in all meat-producing poultry such as broiler chickens, ducks, and turkeys.
Not all products are available in all markets nor associated claims in all regions.
The strain Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. boulardii has been used in human medicine for more than 50 years and is well documented with more than 300 available scientific publications.
LEVUCELL SB has been used in animal feeding for more than 20 years. It has been demonstrated to help monogastric animals maintain good health and well-being, thanks to unique properties.
LEVUCELL SB is available in TITAN technology.
LEVUCELL SB can be used in organic production under regulation (EC) No 2018/848.
How it works
LEVUCELL SB acts on three main lines of defense:
By consuming the oxygen inside the gut, LEVUCELL SB creates a good environment for the development of beneficial bacteria.
LEVUCELL SB interferes with the colonization of undesirable bacteria because of its specific capacity to inhibit some activity of microbial toxins, such as Clostridium difficile Toxin A and E. coli endotoxin.
LEVUCELL SB helps increase crypt depth and villus height. The positive effect on the regulation of tight junctions limits intestinal permeability.
Birds’ and pigs’ natural defenses are reinforced thanks to local immune system modulation. Proper modulation of pro-and anti-inflammatory responses ensures an optimal response to stress.
Discover the LEVUCELL SB mode of action on video:
Why it matters
In the global context of maintaining animal health to reduce the use of antibiotics and other interventions, LEVUCELL SB is a good nutritional tool to support your feeding strategies.
LEVUCELL SB is a recognized and scientifically documented probiotic that helps maintain a healthy gut and achieve optimal bird performance and welfare.
Thanks to its unique properties supporting a balanced intestinal microbiota, LEVUCELL SB supplementation in broiler chickens has demonstrated its capacity:
- To help reduce enteropathogens loading in the gut and on carcasses
- To help reduce the incidence on the performance of stress-inducing situations
Salmonella spp. and Campylobacter spp. are gram-negative bacteria involved in the two main foodborne diseases that the worldwide poultry industry frequently faces.
LEVUCELL SB is the only probiotic authorized in the European Union for the reduction of Salmonella spp. contamination on carcasses of broilers.
More than 40 scientific publications have consistently proven the beneficial effects of using LEVUCELL SB in pigs.
- In sows during gestation, LEVUCELL SB supports an optimal intestinal transit and digestive comfort and, thus, reduces constipation.
- Around peri-partum, LEVUCELL SB ensures a good transfer of positive microbiota to the newborn piglets and an optimal set-up for lactation through appropriate sow feed intake and colostrum quality.
- In the feed of piglets, LEVUCELL SB contributes to a better transition after weaning, reducing the impact of this important physiological stress and helping maintain good health.
In fattening pigs, LEVUCELL SB supplementation supports good growth performance and pig welfare.
Packaging and formulation
LEVUCELL SB is delivered in boxes of 20 kg, in two different formulations:
- LEVUCELL SB 20: highly concentrated formulation (20 billion CFU/g) for non-pelleted or mash-feed type applications.
It should be used at the recommended feeding rate.
- LEVUCELL SB 10 ME TITAN: micro-encapsulated technology (10 billion CFU/g), for pelleted feed and minerals. It should be used at the recommended feeding rate.
Contact us for more information regarding the use of our products.
Shelf life and composition of the product are guaranteed for 24 months from the date of production when stored in a cool and dry place in its original, unopened packaging.
Need more information?Talk to an expert
BACTOCELL is a specific probiotic lactic acid bacteria dedicated to poultry, swine and aquatic species that stabilizes microbiota balance and enhances digestive function.